BC (British Columbia) Excellence Scholarship acknowledges well-rounded BC graduates. Benefactors have shown service and leadership, both at school and in their neighborhoods, and demonstrated a character for and loyalty to their chosen career trails.
About Scholarship BC Excellence Scholarship
Benefactors obtain a $5000 scholarship coupon, which can be saved when registered and attending a selected post-secondary institution (i.e. supported for Canada Student Loans by BC) or an approved business internship provider in BC, within five years of graduation and before the expiry date on the coupon.
There are 55 BC Excellence Scholarships known to admit well-rounded B.C. graduates. Winners will have established community service, both inside and outside their academies, and shown talent and dedication to their chosen career paths as stated above, Successful applicants will receive a $5000 scholarship voucher to use for post-secondary tuition.
Eligibility and Requirements
All applicants must fulfill the basic qualification conditions below
- Must be in their passing out the year which is to occur by August 31st, of the academy year in which they are
- Be suitable for a BC Certificate of Graduation (Dogwood Diploma) by August 31st of the academy year in which they are selected.
All applicants must have at least
B+ (73% above) in their Language Arts 11 final score
B+ average in total course score that complete graduation needs of Science 11 or 12, Mathematics 11, and Social Studies 11 or 12, with no more than one C+ (67%) total course score.
NB: Scores lower than C+ are not received
- Hold a B or higher average in Grades 11 and 12 total course score needed for graduation
- Register and pass a Language Arts 12 regional test.
NB: You cannot be awarded both a BC Excellence Scholarship and Teacher Education Scholarship.
Resume in the compulsory form
- 2 reference letters, one from your residents and one from your academy
A personal statement, maximum 500 words, which must explain
- What guided you to your most appropriate community assistance, volunteer activity, and/or administration role
- What you understood from this knowledge
- How this knowledge will help you in your desired career trail
How to Apply for BC Excellence Scholarship
You must be selected by your secondary academy in order to apply for this scholarship. Only one scholar from each school may be selected. Please ask at your academy if you would like to be regarded for nomination. You must ensure your nomination by having your school head sign and date the BC Excellence Nomination Document.
Conditional benefactors and their academies will be informed by email in May. Benefactors are established in September and announced by mail. They will also accept coupons at this time. Coupons must be redeemed within 5 years of graduation. The same expiry dates are published on coupons.
- Check the scholarship standards found on the Ministry of Education website
- Download and whole section two (resume) and section four (personal statement) of the online application.
- Present these MS Word documents to your school head or principal on or before January 31.
- The school head will check all applications and announce the successful nominee. Scholars who do not accept the Fulton nomination will be verbally announced by a member of the Fulton team.
Successful recipients are given a $5,000 scholarship coupon from the Ministry of Education and Child Care that they can use to be returned for tuition paid after they are observing a post-secondary institution that is set by the Province of B.C. (i.e., authorized for Canada Student Loans) or a program provider that is authorized by the Industry Training Authority.
Application Deadline and Opening Dates
In late Fall 2022 online applications for the scholarship year 2023 open, then around February 2023 the online applications for the scholarship year 2023 are due.
Conditional benefactors and their schools will be informed by mail in May. Benefactors are approved in September and announced by mail. They will also accept vouchers during this period. Vouchers must be saved within five years of graduation. The actual expiry dates are printed on coupons.