Haileybury Scholarship: Do you want to get money for college? There are thousands of Haileybury scholarships all over Canada, and each one is worth more than $10,000. Find out today how to apply.
As the cost of tuition keeps going up in Canada, families are looking for ways to save money. One way is through grants or scholarships. Scholarships are free money given to students who do well in school and show they are good leaders. Bursaries are like scholarships, but they only pay for a portion of the cost.
The cost of higher education is going up quickly these days. Because of this, scholarships are becoming more and more important to make sure that people can go to college. If you qualify, you can worry less about how to pay for school and spend more time studying.
About the Haileybury Scholarships
Haileybury Scholarships are meant to help students from groups that don’t get as much attention go to college. The program started in 2015 and gave eligible students who met certain requirements free tuition.
Women, people from the First Nations, Inuit, or Métis, refugees, undocumented immigrants, and youth of Aboriginal descent are all eligible to apply.
Haileybury is committed to giving students an education of the highest quality. Haileybury has four campuses in Melbourne: Berwick, Brighton, Haileybury City, and Keysborough. At each of these campuses, Haileybury gives out a limited number of scholarships. There are academic scholarships, general excellence scholarships, indigenous scholarships, and socio-economic scholarships for students who want to start in 2024.
Eligibility Requirements for Haileybury scholarship
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S., Canada, or Puerto Rico, or of the U.S.
- Those who want to apply must be in 11th or 12th grade. Applicants must send in their scores from standard tests.
- Must be nominated by a member of the school community or a committee chosen by the student’s principal.
- Applicants must show proof that they are in an American secondary school.
- Applicants must finish either the Advanced Placement Program or the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme.
- Must have a grade point average of at least 3.0 in their last semester of high school.
- Applicants must show proof that they have finished a rigorous study abroad program.
- Applicants must be 18 to 23 years old.
- Must be a student at a recognized school in the U.S., Canada, or Puerto Rico
- Applicants must be in their first year at a four-year college or university or a vocational training school that has been approved.
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must fill out the application form and provide the necessary documents
List of Haileybury Scholarships 2023
Hailrybury hopes to give out a number of Academic Scholarships to students in Years 3, 5, and 8 in 2022, so that they can move on to Years 5, 7, and 10 in 2024.
- Applications open: Monday, 1 August 2022
- Applications close: Friday, 30 September 2022.
- Scholarship examination date: Saturday, 15 October 2022
Here are some important facts that will help you plan and apply for an Academic Scholarship:
- Testing for entry into Brighton, City, and Keysborough will be done online in the homes of students and supervised by experienced Edutest supervisors. The students will take four multiple-choice tests online and one written expression test.
- Registrations for Berwick are now closed because they have reached their limit. No more registrations will be taken.
- Admissions tests for Berwick will be given on campus at 9:00 am.
- Only one campus can be chosen by a student.
- Only partial scholarships are given out, and they can be kept until Year 12 based on how well you do in school and how much you do outside of school.
- Testing for Year 5 is only open to students from outside the school. Year 7 and Year 10 tests can be taken by both new and current Haileybury students.
- The application fee is not refundable in any way.
- Haileybury doesn’t tell anyone about the results of tests, and the results of tests belong to Haileybury.
- Conditions for testing will depend on what the government says in COVID-19 and could change.
- If you can’t take the test on the scheduled date, you won’t be able to take it at a different time or place.
- Applications that are too late won’t be taken.
- Results cannot be shared with or taken from other schools.
- When you sign up online for Edutest, you can buy practice tests.
- On Monday, October 3, 2022, registered families will get an email with information about the test and when it will start.
- Edutest will send final testing information, such as logins, test session times, and detailed user guides, to families in the week starting Monday, October 3, 2022.
General Excellence Scholarships
Hailybury offers scholarships to a small number of students who might not be able to go to Haileybury otherwise. Applicants must show that they are committed to doing well in school and have done well in leadership (both inside and outside of school), community service, sports, the arts, and other areas.
General Excellence Students in Years 4, 6, and 9 in 2023 can apply for scholarships to start in Years 5, 7, and 10 in 2024 at our campuses in Berwick, Brighton, City, and Keysborough.
More information will be given in 2023.
Here is some important information that will help you plan and apply:
- Students who made the short list will be asked to come to an interview to talk about their application.
- Please only give the information that your application asks for. Students who are asked to come in for an interview are welcome to bring more proof of their accomplishments.
- The Haileybury Scholarships Committee will look at the applications.
- We won’t take submissions that are late or aren’t complete.
Socio-Economic Scholarships (Including Haileybury Foundation Scholarships)
Socio-Economic Scholarships are open to students entering Years 7 and 10 in 2024 and whose annual family income is below $80,000.
These scholarships are based on financial need and can be used at Haileybury’s campuses in Berwick, Brighton, City, or Keysborough. Socio-Economic Scholarships can be kept as long as the means test is passed until the student finishes Year 12. If a family’s income goes over $80,000 in a given fiscal year, the School may decide to cut the scholarship for the next year.
The school decides how much Socio-Economic Scholarships are worth based on how well it thinks the family can pay. It could be as much as the whole cost of going to school. Even though you don’t have to pay to get into Haileybury, you still have to pay the administrative fee and any other fees.
Indigenous Scholarships are for students of Australian Indigenous descent who are smart and talented. These scholarships are for students who will be entering Grades 5–7 in 2023. They will cover up to 90% of the School’s tuition fees until the end of Grade 12.
Only students with advanced skills on Brass, Strings, or Woodwind instruments can get music scholarships. These scholarships cover the cost of music lessons for these instruments. These scholarships are for students entering 7th grade and 10th grade in 2024. Students who want to enter Year 7 must have at least an AMEB Grade 4 or 5 (or the equivalent), and those who want to enter Year 10 must have at least an AMEB Grade 6 or 7. (or equivalent).
For More Information
Please keep in mind that applications sent after a certain date will not be looked at. We encourage you to get in touch with Haileybury Admissions if you have questions or want more information about Haileybury scholarships.
Phone: +61 3 9904 6141
Haileybury Foundation scholarships 2023
Applications for Haileybury Foundation Scholarships for 2023 have now closed. 2024 Scholarship applications will open in February 2023.
How to Apply for Haileybury Foundation Scholarship
- First, you need to visit the Haileybury Scholarship application portal
- Create a profile and submit your online application
- Ensure you upload all the required documents
- Also use active contact details so you can get feedback from the scholarship desk.
Tap on the link below to begin your Haileybury Scholarship application.
Haileybury scholarship past papers
The past test questions can help you get ready for Haileybury scholarships exam. Check here for more information.