The Lagos State Scholarship Board is a governmental body that manages and supervises issues relating to scholarships, education, and bursary in Lagos State.
Founded in February 1968 by the Lagos State Government, the body aims at delivering educational aid to the needy for the growth of Lagos State. it is aimed at becoming a top association in the offering of monetary help to students in Lagos State.
it is made up of nine units governed by the office of the special advisor on Education. They are:
- Board Secretary
- Foreign Scholarship
- Local Scholarship
- Press & Public Relations
- Planning, Statistics & Budget
Lagos State Scholarship Requirements
Bursary and scholarship honors are only given to nominated students in primary, secondary, and tertiary institutions based on the suggestion of a fixed panel of associates from the 5 sections of Lagos. All interested applicants for any of these honors must be a Lagos State indigene.
How to Apply for Lagos State Scholarship 2022-23
- All applicants must be a Lagos State Indigene learning in any university nationwide.
- All applicants are needed to make a Payment of 2000 naira for a Local Scholarship via the Revenue Office of the Lagos State Scholarship.
- Then carry the payment verification receipt to the Lagos State Scholarship Board to collect secret coupon pins for the online application.
- The application will not be considered without proof of payment.
- Make sure you accurately fill in the application form and then click on the “Apply Now” button to finish your application.
- Then get your coupon pin from the Scholarship Board office. Later you have clear scanned photocopies of the documents below
- Passport with white background not more than 3 months
- Receipt of N2,000 payment for the scholarship form
- Admission Letter
- School ID card
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) Certificate
- Letter of identification from the ruler (Oba)
- Letter of identification from your LGA
- LASSRA enrollment card
- Transcript signed by the school showing the previous semester’s Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) plainly
- Proof of Consolidated Payment Confirmation Slip
- Make sure that your information is imputed correctly to prevent mistakes after the application
- Make sure the documents are labeled according to what they describe to prevent mistakes in documents during upload.
- Make sure you link the relevant documents when requested to upload.
Successful candidates for the test will be informed by email and SMS text. All successful candidates are recommended to confirm that valid phone numbers and private emails are properly imputed into the application form on the portal.
All interested applicants for this scholarship should submit the application form along with clear photocopies of all documents, the candidates who are successful must partake in a CBT instructed by Dragnet Solutions Limited in coexistence with the Lagos State Scholarship and later selected for interview.
Please go to the official website at https://scholastica.ng/ to start your application.
How Much is Lagos State Scholarship
Lagos State Undergraduate scholarship is Worth two hundred thousand naira while the Lagos State Postgraduate scholarship is worth 300,000 Naira.
Duration of the Scholarship
Scholarships are renewable for the duration of education via graduation. Benefactors are desired to keep an outstanding academic routine and make a presentation of the improvement report as proof that they have advanced to the next phase of their program.
Deadline and Opening Date
Lagos state scholarship for 2022 Application is presently Ongoing. So all those interested can apply before the deadline which is predicted as December 2022.