The League Foundation LGBTQ Scholarship offers financial aid for American Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender high school seniors joining their first year of University of higher education.
About Scholarship League Foundation LGBTQ Scholarship
Since 1996, League Foundation has granted 195 college scholarships summing $423,500 to self-identified lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBTQ+) passing out United State High School Students and or United State Military Base High School scholars based on the following achievements: a CGPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 ranking; powerful involvement in community service; and approval to an accredited US junior college, 4 years college, or university.
Initially, the League Foundation began as a grass-roots association with the kind help of League Members (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender United Workers at AT&T). Through the years, nonetheless, the association has evolved into a national scholarship budget reaching all 50 states with aid from companies, individuals, and other LGBTQ associations.
Deadline and Opening Dates
Applications are usually taken from January through April and judgments are usually made by July.
Eligibility and Requirements
The scholarship is available to self-identified Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender graduating high school seniors meeting the specified standards. Family associates and mentors are motivated to work with applicants to help provide their submissions are done.
- All Applicants must be an openly self-identified members of the LGBTQ+ Community
- All Applicants must be graduating from high school in the year they apply for a scholarship.
- All Applicants must be US citizens or be lawful immigrants.
- All Applicants must be observing an accredited college, university, or vocational school within the US or Canada. Confirmation of acceptance is needed.
- All Applicants must supply an OFFICIAL copy of their high school transcript showing a CGPA of 3.0 or better using a 4.0 ranking or equal. The weighted average can be used in these computations. If the applicant’s high school does not use a numerical grading scheme, then a full report of the standards of success and necessities for graduation is needed.
- All Applicants must write two personal essays as drafted on the application form.
- All Applicants must supply at least two letters of recommendation from non-family members.
- All Applicants must compose a detailed list of community service. The heavier weight is given to those actions and leadership roles connecting directly to the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer (LGBTQ+) societies.
- All Applicants must sign a declaration form agreeing to the listed terms and conditions of the application.
Presently, the LEAGUE Foundation has four awards for reference and each student application is automatically checked for each. These four awards are:
How To Apply for League Foundation LGBTQ Scholarship
The application process is easy as everything can be done on the official website of the foundation.
Click here to start our new online application system.
The documentation that you will need to deliver within the application are:
- An official copy of the high school transcript will show a CGPA of 3.0 or better using a 4.0 ranking.
- two personal essays as drafted on the application form
- two letters of recommendation of request from non-family members
- list of community services, particularly if they are connected directly to the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender societies.
League Foundation LGBTQ Scholarship Amount
League Foundation has granted 195 college scholarships summing 423,500 dollars to self-identified lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBTQ+)
All judgments of the selection panel are final. Scholarship proceeds are sent straight to the school where the applicant will be schooling. Funds are not given straight to the student. Inquiries regarding the application process can be referred to info@LEAGUEFoundation.org.