The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Foreign Postgraduate Scholarship program is one of the Organisation’s schemes. The purpose is to provide students from Niger Delta with appropriate internships and skills for effective involvement in the foreign scholarship program of the present administration as well as compete internationally in different fields. If you would like to know more information about the Niger Delta Development Commission scholarship you are that the right place.
SEE ALSO: British Columbia Excellence Scholarship
About Niger Delta Development Commission Scholarship Program
NDDC was launched in 2000 with the aim of promoting the prompt, even, and tolerable growth of the Niger Delta into a state that is economically successful, socially sound, ecologically regenerative, and politically friendly. The NDDC postgraduate scholarships project strives at accomplishing this goal.
As a component of our Human Resource Development Initiatives, The NDDC launched a Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship program to provide people from the Delta state area with appropriate training and skills for influential participation in the regional content program of the present administration as well as compete internationally in different professional fields. The project is open to eligible applicants, with appropriate Bachelor’s Degrees from acknowledged universities in the following professional fields as documented in the course area below.
SEE ALSO: PTDF Scholarship Scheme for Overseas and Local
Eligible Fields of Study
- Agricultural Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Information Technology
- Management Sciences
SEE ALSO: NGO Scholarships In Nigeria Apply Now (Full List)
Eligibility For NDDC Scholarship 2022
The NDDC scholarships qualification is determined by the following:
- Applicants must be from Delta State, Nigeria and have lived in Nigeria for at least five years;
- Applicant must be between the ages of 17 and 23 (inclusive) as of January 1, 2014;
- Applicant must be pursuing a full course load at any accredited university in Nigeria and must not have been convicted of any crime or offense involving moral turpitude;
- Applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent) for their first-degree program and have not received any previous scholarship from the NDDC;
- Applicant must have and be ready to maintain good academic records;
- Applicants must be able to provide proof of graduation from secondary school or its equivalent (General Certificate of Education (GCE); National Examination Council (NECO); West African Examination Council (WAEC)
- Anyone who wishes to apply must be willing to undergo a background check and sign NDDC’s Confidentiality Agreement
- All applicants must be willing to participate in the orientation program and a short interview
- Applicants must be willing to sign the NDDC’s Contract of Service and keep to it;
- Applicant must not have a criminal record and should submit certified copies of their police clearance certificates attached to their applications;
- Applicants must not have been involved in any criminal or political activity;
- All applicants must not be known members of any political party.
- Applicants must be physically fit and healthy
SEE ALSO: UK Scholarships For Nigerian Students – Apply for Free
NOTE: The NDDC scholarship is awarded to students in Nigeria who are undertaking their degree programs at any accredited college or university in Nigeria. The NDDC Scholarship Program is open to everyone, no matter their race, color, religion, or country of origin, but most of the applicants are from Delta State.
SEE ALSO: Apply for $32,000 Gates Cambridge Scholarship in UK
NDDC Scholarship Requirements
The NDDC scholarship is sponsored by the Niger Delta Development Commission and the award is worth $1000 (500,000 Naira).
- The scholarship is awarded to single parents and their children pursuing higher education.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time and demonstrate financial need.
- Applicants must be single parents between the ages of 25 and 45. Students enrolled full-time in an accredited 4-year college or university, community college, trade school, technical school, or graduate program.
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter.
- Post Graduate Admission Letter from a recognized Overseas University.
- Relevant Degrees from a recognized University.
- N.Y.S.C Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
SEE ALSO: NLNG Scholarship Postgraduate Past Questions Paper and Answer PDF
How to Apply For NDDC Scholarship 2022-23
Interested and eligible? Go to Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) at www.nddc.gov.ng for an application.
- The application must be done online at the NDDC official website (check below to see the application portal)
- Finish with the application form and you will be given a registration number automatically.
- Print the hard copy of the online developed acknowledgment for the comfort of reference.
- All shortlisted applicants will be released on the NDDC official website (www.nddc.gov.ng)
NOTE: All finished applications must be submitted at least 20 days from the date of publication.
NDDC Scholarship 2022/2023 Deadline
The NDDC scholarships application form always opens between October 1 and December 31. So, there is not fixed opening date or deadline. However, all applications must be submitted online before 31 December of each month.
NDDC scholarship 2022 application portal
Click on the link below to begin your scholarship application.
SEE ALSO: Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Application
- Priority is given to Applicants from oil-producing, functioning communities, and LGA as long as the Applicants complete the agreed Niger Delta Development Commission scholarships test cut-off score.
- The board will assure a fair spread of courses among candidates within each state.
- Postponement or change of institution and course are not allowed.
- The board will not join in any form of contact with applicants who were not approved for the Computer Based Test (CBT) or those who were not requested for verbal interviews or applicants that were not successful at the verbal interviews.
- NDDC Nigeria secures the only and absolute control to choose applicants in line with the requirements and its internal consideration. The determination of the board in this respect is final.
Check More Scholarship Opportunities