The Persons Case Scholarship can be any generation and indigenous scholars, racialized scholars, and students living with a disability are extremely urged to apply.
About Persons Case Scholarships
The Persons Case Scholarship was founded in 1979 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Persons Case. The scholarship is together issued by Alberta Enterprise and Advanced Education and Human Services. The scholarship celebrates the efforts of 5 Alberta women: Louise McKinney, Emily Murphy, Henrietta Muir Edwards, Nellie McClung, and Irene Parlby who battled and won the freedom for the women of Canada to be officially considered Persons under the rule of law.
The Persons Case Scholarship helps women, men, and children studying in the humanities, arts, and social sciences whose labor grows gender equality or who are looking in fields where their gender is underrepresented or poor.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Be of any gender.
- Be a Canadian citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible).
- Be an Alberta citizen, and to be deemed an Alberta resident one of the following requirements must apply:
- One parent or legal guardian has held a permanent residence in Alberta for at least one straight year
- Months presently prior to starting post-secondary studies and be living in Alberta, or
- Alberta is the last place the student has lived for six straight months immediately before beginning post-secondary studies, or
- The student’s partner has held permanent residence in Alberta for six straight months before the person observing post-secondary.
- graduates: must be Alberta habitats (as described above) and be enrolled (full or part-time) in a graduate program in Alberta or somewhere else.
- undergraduates: must be enrolled full or part-time students in an authorized Alberta post-secondary institution.
- Indigenous students, racialized students, and students with a disability are extremely urged to apply.
- Application form, Financial need analysis, Suggestions or references, Special needs, Other requirements
How To Apply for Persons Case Scholarship
- Apply online at scholarship website at https://www.alberta.ca/leaders-in-equality-award-of-distinction-lead-program.aspx#jumplinks-2
- Write to these addresses, Alberta Culture, Multiculturalism, and Status of Women, 9 Floor, Jasper Building, 10405 Jasper Avenue, Edmonton, AB, T5J4R7, Canada, Phone number: 780-427-3035, mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Deadline for the Persons Case Scholarships is December 15, 2022.
The scholarship grant for Persons Case is $2,500.