Administered through the Province of Alberta, the Jason Lang Scholarship acknowledges and awards Alberta post-secondary scholars for their educational accomplishments and enables them to persist in their undergraduate or experienced program of study.
About Jason Lang Scholarship
The Jason Lang Scholarship recognizes and awards the excellent academic accomplishments of Alberta post-secondary scholars and encourages them to further their undergraduate or professional programs of study. This scholarship program is supported by the Government of Alberta by Alberta Advanced Education and distributed by the University of Alberta, at the intersection with Alberta Student Aid.
NB: Applicants may obtain this Scholarship once per academic year.
Eligibility and Requirements
- All applicants must be Canadian citizens, Permanent residents, Protected persons, be Alberta habitants. To be regarded as an Alberta resident you must have the following conditions to apply:
•Parent(s) or legal caretaker has held permanent residence in Canada for at least one straight year immediately earlier to beginning post-secondary studies and be living in Alberta;
• Alberta is the last area you have lived for at least one straight year instantly prior to starting post-secondary studies;
• Applicants spouse/partner has held permanent residency in Alberta for at least one year prior to the individual attending post-secondary.
- All applicants are presently registered full-time (9.0 credit hours) in the 2nd or following year as an undergraduate at the University of Lethbridge.
- Applicants gained at least a Grade Point Average of 3.2 on a 4.0 point ranking based on a minimum of 24.0 credit hours in the last fall and spring terms,
- Finish the Jason Lang Scholarship Application by the deadline shown in order to be regarded for the grant.
- All applicants must presently register in classes at the University of Lethbridge. Scholars registered in classes at another University as part of their Lethbridge degree program will be selected by the university where they are currently attending lessons.
- If an applicant attended another university for either or both of the last fall and spring semesters, you must present a transcript of your educational record for grades not gained at the University of Lethbridge. This includes scholars who take classes at another university as part of their degree program.
NB: A term refers to a study time of up to 17 weeks in length. Co-op work terms/apprenticeships/exchange programs are qualified only if these programs are compulsory.
How to apply for Jason Lang Scholarship
- Download the application form online
- Print the form since you are you’ll be submitting it offline
- Enter your personal citizenship and residency data
- Enter your post-secondary institution registration information
- Enter in the information for your last academic year and sign in the are asked.
- Check your application to make sure the information you entered is correct, if you made errors you can always get a new application form.
- Submit your finished application form to the Student Awards Office at your educational institution.
Inaccurate information will make your application processing be slowed so make sure you know it before presenting your application. The application form and all supporting documentation must be presented before the deadline.
Students who meet the qualification standards are selected by the Student Awards Office at the Alberta post-secondary institution where they presently attend. If the student has moved from another publicly supported post-secondary institution, the institution they presently attend will ensure the previous year’s qualification standards.
Deadlines and Opening Dates
October 31, 2021, and January 31, 2022 fall and winter terms respectively
New opening and closing dates for 2022 has not been announced. We’ll update this page as soon as such information is officially passed to the public.
Payment: December and March. fall and winter terms respectively
Contact: Alberta Student Aid Service Center call 1-855-606-2098 Go to: studentaid.alberta.ca/scholarships